Sunday, March 22, 2015

Empath

I see too much suffering; too much pain.
I am a sensitive soul and when those around me, close to me; my friends and loved ones suffer, I too suffer.
I too feel their pain.
I cannot watch the news.  I cannot listen to the radio.
Not without causing suffering within myself.

I am a supportive person by nature.
When someone close to me is hurting, they tend to reach out to me.  And I to them.
I don't mind being supportive.  I don't mind lending an ear or a shoulder.
But it does cause suffering in me.

Sometimes I pull back from being that support person.  I have to take care of myself or I become physically ill.  My heart feels heavy.  My mind unable to concentrate.  My shoulders ache with the weight of their suffering.

And then I pull energy from Mother Nature and I am back on my feet again.  Ready to shoulder the responsibility placed on me by Karma.

The responsibility of being an empath.  Of being connected to the life force, energies and souls that roam this realm.

It is a gift and a curse.  I also feel resounding joy for those who are going through something that makes them happy.  When I massage my dogs hips and she is in bliss, my heart fills up.  When one of my kids is proud of something they completed, I am overjoyed.

And I cannot imagine my life without this ability/responsibility.


2 comments:

  1. I am also a very empathetic person, so much sometimes that I have to avoid people.

    I am sorry if I have caused you any ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the avoidance. However, no, you have not caused me any ill.

    ReplyDelete